Tuesday, September 19, 2006

anxiety aftermath

I might not be the smartest individual to ever roam the earth, but the second you fancy my facade with a pair of designer eye glasses I'm beyond genius. As you might notice I can't even spell "pity", yes, I wish it were a typo, but no, it's all me. I once again would like to thank my true friends for making it known to me that I have no ego on which to boast. Recently I have had time to sit n' relax, taking a moment to reflect on those things that were causing stress to my life (insurances, bills, wearing underwear, exc.),, and I've come to find a deep absence deep within my loins. An absence of dependence, an absence of obedience, overall lacking the faith I have in God. I've come across this book I've been really pleased with called the Freedom of Simplicity by Richard J. Foster, who I've become quite fond of. In this book of delightful reading, I'm amused by simple logic gathered from God's word. For instance the author describes our existence and "being" as independent from our powers or control, meaning there is nothing we did to come into existence, and overall nothing we can do to control it. This is just some of the simple logic gathered from this brilliant text. By the way, did anyone happen to notice Starbucks is become more and more powerful by the day? Just recently the Starbucks Corporatiion (of the world) purchased the lease agreements to the Coffee People franchise in various locations, in other words "forcing" Coffee People to do their business elsewhere (typically the internet). Just one of many things that is making the fastest growing coffee chain into one of the most profitable corporations.

2 Comments:

Blogger jesse davison said...

You're freakin' awesome yo. You look hot in those designer glasses. I'm gonna get my scooter licensed tomorrow morning. So I'll go take my test next week sometime and get scootin' on the real road.

Sweet!

You'll find that writing in a blog everyday is somehwat cumbersome.

Love ya bro.

J

7:36 PM

 
Blogger CCR said...

And now I shall offer random comments:

As to the photo: FREAK.

As to this line: "I might not be the smartest individual to ever roam the earth" - I offer hearty agreement.

As to this line: "I once again would like to thank my true friends for making it known to me that I have no ego on which to boast" - I presumptuously accept your gratitude; don't mention it.

As to this line: "I've come to find a deep absence deep within my loins" - I would have been 'deeply' moved by this were it not for the sloppy repetition of the word 'deep'

Finally as to this line: "I'm amused by simple logic gathered from God's word" - well put; I retract my initial comment - you're a perceptive lad who looks suave in any pair of over-sized shades.

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home